Today’s Friday social is brought to you by chicken soup, because that’s pretty much all I’ve had an appetite for this week!
- These allergies are kicking my ass; I can barely function, so writing coherent thoughts here (or anywhere) was out of the question. I would get all excited for an idea for something I wanted to write about, I’d open up the laptop…and then I’d just wilt.
- Mouth-breathing and hoarding tissues didn’t interfere with watching some new fall TV! I watched “Big Bang Theory” (which Eric and I started watching last month on TBS and subsequently fell in love with), “The Mindy Project” (which had me laughing out loud a lot), and then old favorites “Modern Family” and “Law & Order: SVU.”
- I had to wonder why the entire country was like “GOD NFL JUST PAY THE REFS!” when two weeks ago, all I kept hearing was “THOSE GREEDY TEACHERS AND THEIR AWFUL UNION!” Hm. Weird.
- My new iPhone arrived and I’m into it thus far. They made some nice improvements to mail and notifications that I really like, but I haven’t tried the new maps out yet, so I’d the jury’s still out.
- We’re getting our bed today!
For your reading pleasure…
33 Infomercial Characters Who Need to Get Their Shit Together [This gif parade from Buzzfeed is amazing.]
Tie the Knot [Jesse Tyler Ferguson, of “Modern Family,” started this organization to advocate for gay marriage and a more stylish America. The intro video is pretty damn cute and I’m excited to see what the bow ties look like when they come out. (Pun not intended but I didn’t remove it either so I think that’s like…second-degree punnery.)]
I Don’t Own the Eiffel Tower [The Vivienne Files]
On Length in Literature [This essay from Brevity Magazine kind of made my heart explode.]
What’s going on with you this week?